This article covers how to manage the roster for activities outside your campus domain.
- Managing the roster for activities outside of your domain are activities that are shared across the CSU. This could be United Educators compliance content or courses provided by Percipio Skillsoft
- When working with shared courses outside your campus domain (e.g. Percipio Skillsoft / Systemwide-CSU), admins need to work in the primary domain of the activity to perform actions such as How to Register a User for an Activity and Granting Waivers
- Shared content and shared domains will give you access to other campus users and data. Please make sure to only update users from your campus
IMPORTANT: If any course is shared (Percipio Skillsoft, United Educators) and you need to manage the roster (either to register, waive, or mark a user as attended), you will need:
- Administrative rights in the primary domain of the activity (Percipio Skillsoft / Systemwide-CSU).
- A security role, rights, and permissions will be assigned to those that are designated to make updates to rosters. If you need this role, contact your campus domain administrator.
- Edit your domain under your administration area to the activity domain (only domains you have access to will be available).
- Manage the roster at the (child) activity level and not the curriculum level.
If the activity resides in your campus domain, you do not need to switch domains to manage the roster. See the Managing the Roster article for more information.
Step 1: Click on the Administration menu.
Step 2: Click on the Change icon (your current domain is listed).
Step 3: Choose the domain where the activity you need to manage the roster lives.
- Skillsoft content > Skillsoft Percipio Domain
- United Educators and Other CSU shared content > Systemwide CSU
If you are not able to see the domain or the domain is greyed out / not able to select it, you will need to request administrative rights for that domain from your domain administrator.
Step 4: Click on the OK button.
Step 5: Click Administration and you should see the new domain.
Now that you are in a new domain, some of the admin functionality you are accustomed to may not be available. This is done intentionally to limit the actions to only managing the roster for activities.
Step 1: Go to Administration > Quick Links > Learning Activities.
Step 2: Search for the learning activity.
Step 3: Under the Actions column, click on the down arrow and select Manage Roster.
You want to search for the activity (not the curriculum). You are not able to update roster records at the curriculum level when in a shared domain. All roster changes happen at the child level and will roll up to the curriculum (parent) level.
This concludes how to manage the roster in shared domains.