This article goes over how to create Ad Hoc Reports.
Ad Hocs are customizable reports in which you can pull multiple fields to output data. Ad Hoc reports allow you to save and schedule reports for future use. For more information about Ad Hocs, please refer to the Advanced Reporting Terms Article.
Step 1: To get to Advanced Reporting, go to Self > Quick Links > Advanced Reporting.
You can also click on the Advanced Reporting widget to access reporting.
Step 2: Click on the Create dropdown and select Ad Hoc View.
Before creating a new Ad Hoc, check the Reporting Templates folder to see if there is a template that has already been created to meet your needs. For more information on how to access the Reporting templates, refer to the Advanced Reporting Navigation Article.
Step 3: On the Select Data window expand to the following selection, CSU_PROD > Custom > Reports > Domain > CSU Learn Domain. Select CSU Learn Domain.
Step 4: You can select each data source individually be selecting the source and clicking the singular arrow or you can highlight multiple sections and click the double arrows to add multiple data sources.
- Employee: This data source will list data related to the employee including their employee ID, CEPID, email address and manager
- Activity: This data source will list the details of the activity including the activity code, name and primary domain
- Activity Due Exception: This data source will list details for activities that are assigned and required to completed such as due date and assignment status
- Activity Attempt: This data source will list details for activities that are not required such as ILTs or Bundles
When you are ready, click on the OK button.
Step 5: To start building your Ad Hoc, use the data sources on the left hand column and drag the fields to the columns area. As you drag fields over, data should begin to populate.
If you pull fields over and data disappears or data does not show, it could mean that the data sources that you are combining are not compatible and you will need to select a different field.
- Full Name: Employee's first and last name
- Company Name: Campus name
- CEPID: CalStateEduPerson ID
- Employee ID: Employee's Campus ID
- E-mail: Employee's email address
- Department: Employee's Department ID
- SecondaryJobs: Employee's Job Code
- Activity Name: Will list the name of the activity.
- Activity Code: Will list the activity's code.
- Requirement Status: Employee's completion status: assigned, expired, in progress, overdue, satisfied, or waived.
- Registration Status: Employee's registration status: cancelled, completed, hold for approval, in-progress, no show, on waiting list, registered, or waived.
- Plan Date: Employee's Assignment Date
- Start Date: Employee's first time accessing the activity.
- End Date: Employee's completion date.
Step 6: When you are done creating the Ad Hoc, click on the Save > Save Ad Hoc View.