This article covers how to add custom notification templates to learning activities.
- Custom notification templates allow for targeted messaging based on the activity or the audience receiving the notification.
- The notification template must be active at the system / domain level and in the activity for it to trigger the custom notification.
- Custom notifications can only be used once the inheritance is broken from the parent template.
- Notifications are either sent based on their type. For example assignment notification templates will send during the nightly ETF (around 10:00 p.m.) while registrations for instructor led training will send immediately (within a few minutes of registering).
- Notifications are ONLY enabled on the production site. Notifications are disabled on the Staging site. Testing of notifications would have to be done in Production.
- At the activity level, only activate notifications you want to send out, inactivate the templates not using. See Activate / Inactivate Notifications.
Step 1: Navigate to Administration > Quick Links > Learning Activities.
Step 2: Search for your Learning Activity under Learning Management page.
Step 3: Click on the Edit button.
Step 3: Click on the Send to Stage button.
Step 4: Click on the Optional button.
Step 5: Under Notifications, click on System.
Step 6: Change the View drop down to Active.
Step 7: Look for the Notification Name that you want to change the template for.
Step 8: Click on the pencil (edit) icon.
Step 9: Uncheck the Inherit parent domain settings.
Step 10: Under the Notification Template field, click on Browse and your notification template that you created should appear on the provided list.
Step 11: Select your Notification Template and click on the OK button.
Step 12: Click on the OK button when you are done editing the notification.
Step 13: Click on the OK button when you are done editing the notification templates.
Step 14: Click on the Validate for Production button.
Step 15: Click on the Move to Production button.
This concludes how to add custom notification templates to learning activities.