This article covers how to add users to an organization.
- Adding users to an organization will allow users to be added to audiences based on the rule set Users organization is…
- Adding users to Organizations is the CSU recommended way to assign users to activities.
- Do NOT add users to organizations that are being fed by the data import. For example, departments, bargaining units, custom groups, and affiliations should all come from the data import and not manually added by administrators
- Only organizations designated as assignment groups (ASGN) should have users added by an administrator
Step 1: Go to Administration > Quick Links > Organization.
Step 2: Search or Browse for the Organization and click on the name of the Organization.
Only add users to assignment organizations that you have created. Do NOT add users to organizations pushed via data import. This will create confusion of what is being imported from campus HR systems and what is being added manually in CSU Learn.
For assignments, organizations use the code: CampusDomainID-ASGN-OrgCode.
Step 3: Click On Users (on the left hand sidebar), then click on the Add User button.
Step 4: On the Add Users to the Organization page you have three options:
- Adding users By Name
- Adding users By Audience
- Adding users through the Comma-Delimited List (Bulk max 98 users at a time)
Adding users by their CalStateEduPersonID (CEPID) will yield the best results.
Step 5: When searching for a person, click on the checkbox next to their name and click on the Add Selected button.
Step 6: Once you have added users, you need to specify a Join Date. Please use the date you are adding them to the organization. This will help with troubleshooting when a user is assigned to an activity.
Do NOT check the box “primary organization” as the data import determines the user’s primary organization.
Step 7: Click Save to apply your changes.
This concludes how to add users to an organization. Go to How to Remove Users from an Organization for instructions on how to remove a user.