This article covers how to edit an audience.
- If you need assistance editing an audience, contact your campus LMS administrator (link to the campus contact article) before editing.
- Best practice to ensure changing the audience will update the users in the audience, take note of the number of users before and after editing the audience rules. See How to Update and View Audience Members article for how to view the number of users in an audience.
- Audiences group users together based on rules and rule sets.
- Organizations, Jobs, and other user attributes can be leveraged for audiences.
- Audiences use the naming convention AUDI as part of their audience code.
- CSU's best practice is to use audiences as the criteria for assignments (Management > Audiences within the Learning Activity).
- Use audiences to make learning content available to the right people (Registration > Audiences within the Learning Activity).
Step 1: Go to Administration > Quick Links > Audiences.
Step 2: Search by audience code or browse the list to find the audience you want to edit.
Step 3: Click the pencil icon next to audience name to edit.
If you click the audience name, you’ll only see a description; you won’t see properties that you can edit.
Step 4: The Audience Properties page opens.
Step 5: On the Audience Properties page, find the rule you want to edit, then click the pencil icon.
Step 6: On the Edit Rule page, you can:
- Change rule criteria (select from the drop-down).
- Add to / refine the rule (click Add).
- Delete the rule (click Remove).
Step 7: When you are done editing the rule, click OK.
Step 8: You can edit another rule set or click OK if you done editing the audience.
Audiences refresh automatically every night (around 10:00 p.m.) based on information received from our data feed that morning (around 8:00 a.m.). You can manually go into any audience to manually refresh the audience to see the updates prior to the nightly refresh.
This concludes how to edit the audience.