This article covers how to retire learning activities in CSU Learn.
- Retiring (or inactivating an activity) are used interchangeably but will remove the activity from search, a user’s timeline, and cannot be registered for or launched.
- Any inactivation of activity still preserves the data and completion history for the user.
- This process is commonly used when a Skillsoft Percipio course is retiring, and you need to retire a curriculum associated with the retired (child) activities.
- This process can also be used if you have a custom course or any activity that needs to be retired / inactivated in the system.
- If you are inactivating a curriculum, all subscribed courses within the curriculum must be inactivated first. You will get an error message if you try to inactivate a curriculum with active subscribed courses.
- Retiring activities can be done immediately or scheduled on a specific date.
If you need to delete an activity, please contact Systemwide LMS Team to start this process. Deleting an activity will remove the activity from the system and any associated history from a user’s profile.
Step 1: Go to Administration > Quick Links > Learning Activities.
Step 2: Search for the learning activity that you are trying to inactivate.
Step 3: Click on Edit.
Step 4: On the bottom left corner click on the Send to Stage button.
Step 5: Click on the Optional button on the bottom right corner.
Step 6: Go to General Properties > Status.
Step 7: Uncheck the Active box.
Step 8: Click on the OK button on the bottom right corner.
Step 9: Navigate to top left column and click on View Tracks.
Step 10: Under Properties, click on General.
Step 11: Uncheck the Active box.
Step 12: Click on the OK button on the bottom right corner.
Step 13: At the top left-hand column click on View Activities to return back to your activity properties screen.
Step 14: Click on the Validate for Production button.
Step 15: Click on the Move to Production button and your learning activity will be inactivated.
Step 16: To validate your activity has been inactivated, search for the activity and change the Status filter from Active to Inactive.
Step 1: Repeat Steps 1 - 5 under Retiring a Learning Activity (Immediately).
Step 2: Under the Optional area, go to Metadata > System Defined.
Step 3: Scroll down to Expiration Date.
Step 4: Select the option Expires on and select the date you would like to expire the activity.
Activities will expire after the next ETL (around 10 p.m.). Please note depending on the time the activity is scheduled to be inactivated, it may take up to 24 hours for the activity to show as inactive.
Step 5: After setting the date, check the box Inactivate the activity on the expiration date. This will expire and inactivate the activity at the same time.
Step 6: Click on the OK button on the bottom right corner.
Step 7: Click on the Validate for Production button.
Step 8: Click on the Move to Production button and your learning activity will be inactivated.
This concludes how to retire learning activities in CSU Learn.