This article will cover how to grant waivers.
- Waivers should only be used to mark a requirement as completed based upon an equivalent activity completed that demonstrates comprehension of the topic
- Waivers are applied at the activity level. If the course is part of a curriculum, the waiver happens at the child activity, not the curriculum.
- Waivers at the child level will roll up to any parent activities like a curriculum
- Waivers require that the administrator provide a reason for the waiver
- The administrator who waived a user can be tracked in the case of an audit
- A waiver issued will show up on a user’s transcript with a status of waived
- Waivers can be done individually or batched through the TMU document
- Only admins have the ability to grant waivers
The instructions below are for a course or class in your campus domain. If you are trying to waive a user from a curriculum with the child activity in a shared domain, see How to Manage the Roster in Shared Domains article for additional steps.
Step 1: Go to Administration > Quick Links > Learning Activities.
Step 2: Search for the Learning Activity.
Step 3: Under the Actions column, click on the down arrow and select Manage Roster.
Step 4: In the Search field, search for the user(s) that you are trying to waive.
You can also scroll through the users manually to find the user.
Only users who have been assigned or launched / registered for the activity will appear on the roster. If a user does not appear on the roster, you will need to register them. See article, How to Register a User for an Activity.
Step 5: Once you have found the user(s) you are trying to waive, select the check box next to the user’s name.
Step 6: Then fill out the following fields:
- Status: Waived
- Status Date: Date of waiver
Step 7: Click on the Apply button.
Step 8: The system will prompt you if you want to make this change. Click on the OK button.
Step 9: The Reason for Waiving window will appear.
Step 10: Under the Choose Reason drop down, select the reason.
Step 11: Type in the reason in the Waived Notes text box field.
Step 12: Click on the Ok button when you are done.
Step 13: The record will update with the waived status.
This concludes how to waive the employee.